"Change is only good if it is in the RIGHT direction."
--Winston Churchill
This is the blog of an ordinary married couple who seem to have difficulty in being ordinary. Please join us as we laugh at ourselves and contemplate this world that we live in.

Residents Trapped in the Elevator

I find myself having a recurrent daycream. It brings a smile to my face just to think of it. If you have ever had the pleasure of being at a teaching hospital then you will understand.

My dream day would consist of showing up to work and finding several people near delivery with beauitful fetal heart rate tracings. In a few moments one would be ready to deliver and I would proced to go into her room. Since I am at a teaching hospital typically I would have to round up the resident on call to come and join me, but on this particular day the residents are trapped in the elevator (Hallelujah!) so I am abe to deliver this patient on my own. It is for once quiet in the delivery room as I do not need to instruct anyone on how to properly put on their gloves, where to place their hands, etc. I could simply talk to my patient and enjoy the miracle of watching a new life enter this world.  Ahhh...it would be an wonderful experiece. Is that really too much to ask?

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Click to Follow This Blog


Rest and Relaxation