"Change is only good if it is in the RIGHT direction."
--Winston Churchill
This is the blog of an ordinary married couple who seem to have difficulty in being ordinary. Please join us as we laugh at ourselves and contemplate this world that we live in.

2010: The Year of Change

2010 will go down in the Thelen history book as "The Year of Change". The funny thing is that the vast majority of the changes that have happened this year were so unexpected but have, as is so typical with God's planning, turned out to be the biggest blessings.

If you were to have talked with me a year ago I would have told you that Matt & I were moving back home to Michigan, to my hometown to be exact. We were going to buy a farm and enjoy being near family. I was going to work part-time and we were going to travel to places we had only dreamed of visiting. We were going to go on mission trips together, something we have both dreamed of doing as a married couple.

As I look back over this past year, I can see how God has answered my prayers and I realize how at the time the "No" and "Not yet" responses that I was given have resulted in some of the best blessings. At the time of course, I was devastated and questioned God's judgement......how foolish I can be sometimes.

We were so frustrated when the plan to return home to Michigan became obviously not the right choice at this time. However, we are both so blessed by the jobs that we have here. Matt works with wonderful people at a job that he enjoys, as do I. I love my Christian partners and value the experience that they have had that they readily share with me. It is an amazing job as a new physician! The other girls in the office are sweet and fun and it is a joy to work with them. As always, God knew just what I needed!

We were shocked to learn that we were expecting. I know, as a doctor, I should be more on top of this but what can I say! Isaac has been the most wonderful addition to our family. I had no idea that I could love someone so much but most days when I sit looking at his sweet face I feel such love for him that I could cry. I pray that he will become a follower of Christ and wonder about what God has in store for his life. So amazing that God knit together this wonderful, small person and that he was brought into this world for a specific purpose. It is also so frightening to think of the impact that Matt & I will have in his life. It makes me want to become a better person so that he won't end up with the same crazy neurosis as his mother!

So, the year of 2010 has consisted of a new job for Matt, completion of 12yrs of post-graduate training for Sarah with the start of a new job, moving to TN, and the wonderful addition of Isaac to our family. Maybe 2011 will be a little less exciting! :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Click to Follow This Blog


Rest and Relaxation